I have got to get caught up on this blogging thing!
I turned 36! For some reason I feel a special kinship to the number 36, and have been looking forward to being 36 for many years, so I am thrilled.
We will start with a series of pictures of ME (at 36!):
Me:

Me with same eyes as my Grandma Hess. Which I only realized after looking at this picture. Her eyelids were always hooded over just like mine are. Apparently now that I am 36, and thereby getting older, things like hooded eyelids become more pronounced.

Me looking cool. Right?

I started my birthday off quite perfectly with breakfast with my friends.

Man I am a lucky girl to have such good friends.
Then I went home and completed all my regular mom duties. But after school for the kids and work for Eric, I got to open my presents!

Have I mentioned that I am a fan of getting gifts on my birthday and Christmas? They don't have to be expensive, in fact I prefer that they are not, but I do like getting them.




Then it was time to go to dinner. The only problem was that I was still STUFFED from breakfast. But everyone else was hungry so I chose Chipotle. I chose it mainly because I wanted to be able to sit outside to eat.

Then it was home for German Chocolate Cake. My fav!



It was a great birthday! I heard from all of my favorite loved ones, friends and family alike, got to spend the day with so many of my favorite people, and I turned 36! It was kind of perfect.
We will start with a series of pictures of ME (at 36!):
Me:
Me with same eyes as my Grandma Hess. Which I only realized after looking at this picture. Her eyelids were always hooded over just like mine are. Apparently now that I am 36, and thereby getting older, things like hooded eyelids become more pronounced.
Me looking cool. Right?
I started my birthday off quite perfectly with breakfast with my friends.
Man I am a lucky girl to have such good friends.
Then I went home and completed all my regular mom duties. But after school for the kids and work for Eric, I got to open my presents!
Have I mentioned that I am a fan of getting gifts on my birthday and Christmas? They don't have to be expensive, in fact I prefer that they are not, but I do like getting them.
Then it was time to go to dinner. The only problem was that I was still STUFFED from breakfast. But everyone else was hungry so I chose Chipotle. I chose it mainly because I wanted to be able to sit outside to eat.
Then it was home for German Chocolate Cake. My fav!
It was a great birthday! I heard from all of my favorite loved ones, friends and family alike, got to spend the day with so many of my favorite people, and I turned 36! It was kind of perfect.
3 comments:
I think the number 36 is pretty great too but I don't know why. Funny!
Loved having breakfast with you and the ladies! We know some pretty great women!
You scored on your gifts! I got one but it was a $$$ one and I am cashing it in tomorrow!!!!!
(I have the droopy eyelid thing too)
I once told a coworker (in the middle of the extreme makeover:body edition craze) that I would love to get an eyelid lift. They looked at me like I was crazy. Mine have always driven me nuts!
I thought you were maybe getting that blender from Costco for your birthday. Now that you said you wanted one I see and hear about them everywhere. I guess Christmas is right around the corner :)
I am seriously going to make you the triple decker german chocolate cake some day. This lady made one for Jason one year and it was the best thing ever. Happy Birthday!! I know 36 will be great!!
It was fun to be with you on your bday! Thanks for the invite. You rock 36!
Post a Comment