Monday, March 7, 2011

Windfall!

I have to admit my life has been filled with luck lately. Either that, or extra blessings. For example, a few months ago my vacuum broke. Who should call me, but a few days later, but Rachael. Who asked if I had any need of a vacuum. They had just purchased a new one, and didn't need their old one anymore. I gladly accepted, along with this awesome Shark Vacuum to use on my concrete floors.


Then our printer broke. But how lucky (or blessed), that my husbands boss had given us his old laser printer, that is also a copy machine, and fax machine combined!


It now sits proudly in my tiny office/laundry room.

Did I mention that my garbage disposal broke over a year ago? Well it did. I never replaced it, because I always had something else to spend a $100 on that I deemed more important. But just 2 weeks ago guess what I saw sitting outside my neighbors house?


That's right! A garbage disposal. It was attached to a sink they were getting rid of, but it still worked perfectly well.

And then, just recently our T.V. broke. It was still fairly new (about 2 years old), but alas it had problems it could not overcome. But guess what? My visiting teachers happened to be visiting me 3 days after it broke, and low and behold one of them had just gotten a new T.V. the day before, and they were giving away their old one!


Lucky, lucky me!!!

Now for some BIG news. A week and a half ago I won 4 tickets to LegoLand in California.

For 10 years I have been calling radio stations trying to win tickets for one thing or another, and have NEVER been able to get through. Until.........I did. And what a prize to win!!!! They informed me they would call me in a week or two to let me know when my tickets were ready, and to let me know if I was the GRAND PRIZE WINNER. The GRAND PRIZE WINNER also was to receive a $100 gas card, Four 2-day Park Hopper tickets, and 2 nights hotel at the Sheraton Resort & Spa.


Guess who was lucky enough to win??
 
ME!!!!!!

I know someone is looking out for me and my family. And I know who it is.

8 comments:

bloodfamily said...

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Congratulations! Have fun, and let us know how it goes with lots of pictures posted on your blog.

Rachael said...

WOW Sarah...I wasn't joking when I said you must be paying your tithing! You are one LUCKY (and deserving) girl!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! My faith in radio call in contests is renewed :)

chercard said...

So excited for your family...what a fun vacation!

Erin Camp said...

So happy for you. Send some of that luck this way ;)

annie said...

that rocks! happy for you (and a little jealous:) btw, it is fun to follow you and your stinkin cute little family

Sheree Flick Photography said...

I need to hang out with you, you lucky (blessed) girl!

Jossie said...

That is super cool! I loved this post!