Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swiss Cheese House

Well.....We are having the plumbing in the entire house redone. Apparently a part that was used in the original plumb is defective, so after a lawsuit, the builder has agreed to fix it. What this means for me is that the entire inside of my house is encased in plastic, and I have large holes in almost every room!


The entryway.


We cut a slit in the plastic in Megan's room so she could get to her bed. Luckily Jackson's and Sadie's rooms were not touched.


The view from my bed.

And now for some of the holes:


 Yesterday they did all of the plumbing work, while today they are doing the drywall. Thursday they are  painting, which is the part I am most worried about. They tell me they can match the wall color perfectly which hopefully is the case. It is a serious pain, but having the pipes burst would be worse! And at least we don't have to pay for any of it.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
How are you surviving!!!!!??? I can't imagine they can actually match the color exactly!! No way! What a pain!

bloodfamily said...

Your house reminds me of the boy in the plastic bubble or E.T. Do you feel like you are sufficating? Maybe you should come to my house where you can turn the kids loose to run around....just a thought!

Jossie said...

Wow! That's just crazy!

Autumn said...

Good thing they are doing all the work and paying for it. If it doesn't match I guess they will have to paint the whole wall. What a concept. Hope you survive the chaos.

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck! What a mess!!! I guess this is extreme spring cleaning! Good luck and I hope everything turns out well :)

chercard said...

wow! what a mess!