Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Miscellany

I have a bit of picture catch-up to do. The time change really affected my kids this Spring. For DAYS I had to wake them up at 8 am to get them ready for school.

Sleeping the morning away....


Lately Megan has been sleeping with 3 pillows behind her head. She is basically upright while going to sleep, and looks incredibly uncomfortable. However, soon after falling asleep she ends up off all of the pillows for  the remainder of the night. Then this last week she started sleeping on top of her covers because she says it is more comfortable. She has the strangest sleeping habits of anyone I know.

Eric snapped these pics of Sade and Megan the other day. Both technology junkies:


It was once again Awards Assembly time at school. Jackson received an award for Principals Honor Roll!


Megan received an award for attendance. Just attendance. Megan generally gets "A" on her report cards. She is capable of it and works hard to do so. The WEEK BEFORE grades came out she brought home her progress report from school and her grades were  "A"s. Fast forward to a week later when she brings her report card home and she inexplicably has a "C" in science. Say what? I don't know what could have happened in a week's time. Especially when her progress report showed no missing assignments, and they didn't have any last minute tests. I sent a note to school inquiring about the grade, and was told by the science teacher that she didn't really know what caused the grade to drop, and since she had already submitted the grades she couldn't look it up. Needless to say I am pursuing it further.

And lastly I will leave you with a picture of a new lawn ornament my neighbor gave me.


Did I mention it is a lawn ornament, and thereby has to be displayed in the front yard? And since it was given to me by my neighbor he is going to notice if I do not display it. It's not that I find it hideous (well maybe I do find it a little hideous), it is simply that I am not a lawn ornament type of person. It is a dilemma for me.

What would you do? Would you display it?

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I would not display it and if the neighbor asked abou it I would say my dang kids broke it :) One of the main reason I had kids was to blame things on them, food on my shirt, messy house, broken treasures the neighbor gave me, etc. I am glad you are pursuing the "C". I would be livid and demand another assembly so my child's straight A's could be recognized! Poor Megan!

Rachel H. said...

I'd say I have the perfect spot for it in the backyard, a perfect angel to watch over my kids when they try to kill themselves doing tricks on the trampoline!

Rachael said...

I would "display" it in the back yard! Behind the hose!
What is with the "I can't explain the C grade" NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! Keep at her for that! That makes NO sense!!!!!

chercard said...

Would not display it...it is hideous!

and that is the strangest thing ever on the C grade...stay on that teacher!