Thursday, March 24, 2011

FOUND!!!

Because of the plumbing work, the layer of dust covering every inch of my house is pretty significant. I have been mopping like a fiend all day! In the spirit of obsessively cleaning I decided to move the washer and dryer and clean behind them. Mind you, this is a chore that has not been done in the 9 years I have lived in my house. To put it mildly, it was a bit scandalizing. Or gross.........


See what I mean.

And to those of you who do not visit my house often, I would like to put your minds at rest and assure you the rest of my house does not look like this!

But lo and behold, I FOUND MY MISSING WEDDING RING!!!


Sitting nicely in a layer of filth. I lost my wedding ring over a month ago, and truly felt like I had searched everywhere. I have my shoddy plumbing system to thank for this piece of good news. And I needed this bit of good news today, because Eric's truck is once again not working. It is at the mechanics as I type. I am dreading the call when we will find out how awful much it is going to cost. After finding my ring I joked with Eric that now we can sell it to pay to fix his truck. Why can't I just be rich? And be able to buy two brand new cars? And to live in a mansion? Is it really too much to ask?

I also need to report on another piece of good news. The painter came today, and I have to say the results are quite tremendous. I really can't even tell that any work has been done. And! They left me all this extra paint:


That's like $250.00 right there!

6 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so glad you found your wedding ring!!! What a silver lining to your house having to be replumbed. I don't think you are asking too much to be independently wealthy. Your lucky mechanic soon will be :)

bloodfamily said...

Now you can sell the paint to pay for the truck...and keep the wedding ring. lol

Jossie said...

That is such great news!!!

Autumn said...

Keep that positive vibe in the air.

chercard said...

Jackpot! except for the truck...so sorry I feel your pain about the broken down truck and everything else :(. But so glad you have your wedding ring again...it is beautiful!

Rachael said...

WOW!!! I can't believe you found your ring!!! So exciting!!!!! And awesome about the paint!
I wish I could be rich too!!!! Good luck on the truch estimate!